3D Coat is a commercial computer program for modeling various organic objects and coarse low-poly 3D models; provides a wide range of tools that allow users to create sculptures, adding topology, creating UV maps, interactively texturing the model’s surface, rendering static scenes and circular animation of the model.
• Voxel Sculpting technology, which allows you to start creating models without thinking about the topology;
• The program has very good integration with Adobe Photoshop, it helps a lot in the texturing process;
• The program allows you to split textures into layers, which facilitates the imposition of effects;
• Support management using 3D manipulator 3DConnexion;
• Layers contain depth, color and mirror image. You can disable or enable any of these channels and apply effects to them – extrusion, transparency, contrast, depth multiplication, etc .;
• It is possible to draw via UV as easily as on 3D models. Almost all tools can do this;
• Each feather has many channels – color, depth, mirror and grater;
• It is possible to fill the area with a gradient and spherical fill;
• Filters for image correction and preview the result in 3D;
• Perhaps the imposition of text on the surface. The text is located along the spline, you can even write text around the entire object.
• You can draw not only with a brush, but also with the help of a contour, rectangle or ellipse;
• The ability to render with smoothing, adjusting global illumination, depth of field and soft shadows. A gradient fill image can be used as a custom background for the scene.
Simple texturing and PBR:
– Support for micro-vertex drawing, drawing by pixels and Ptex
– Physically-based rendering (PBR) with a HDRL viewport
– Smart materials with easy customization
– Multi-layered drawing. Popular blending modes. Combining layers into groups.
– Full integration with Photoshop
– Supports textures up to 16k
– Quick rendering of Ambient Occlusion and Curve maps (maps)
– Rich tools for any drawing tasks and more.
• Main features of voxel (volumetric) sculpturing:
– No topology limitations . Lepi is similar, as if from clay
– Complex logical operations. Fast whale-bashing process
• Traditional sculpture gives you such powerful features as:
– Adaptive dynamic tessellation (Live Clay)
– Dozens of fast and dynamic sculpturing brushes
– Logical operations with clear edges
• Preparing a model for 3D printing.
Exceptional tools for retopology
– Auto-retopology (AUTOPO) with preset triangles settings
– Quick and easy-to-use tools for manual retopology
– Ability to import a reference mesh for retopology
– Use your current low poly mesh as a mesh for retopology
– Retropologic groups with a color palette for ease of management
– Extensive selection of settings for baking
– And other features …
Quick and easy UV mapping
– Professional tools for creating and editing UV-sets
– Native Global Uniform (GU) deployment algorithm
– Support and management of multiple UV-sets
– Support for ABF, LSCM and Planar scanning algorithms
– Correction of individual islands (individual islands)
– Finally, it is fast, easy and fun to use.
OS: Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 7 – x64.
Download 3D-Coat 4.8.38 (789.7 MB):