CSearcher is a simple and fast free non-indexing search program for Windows desktop PC. Searching computer files and folders is rather common for every PC user daily. Using standard Windows Explorer solution for this has many disavantages: it’s slow, uses lots of RAM and many times it does not find what we are looking for! CSearcher gives users a more advanced file searching tool alternative. CSearcher includes all features of Windows Explorer search and adds many unique features.
To search desktop files, We always used windows explorer but it was slow, sometimes it did not return all the expected results, and it uses lots of RAM. We tried some freeware non-indexing searchers but some were slow, and others did not have all the features We wanted.
- Integration with Explorer menu for seamless search of folders.
- Exclude patterns.
- Date and size options.
- Find files that contain specific text.
- Calculate MD5 and compare files.
- Simple Hex Viewer of any file.
- Search history.
- Filter results. After finding all the results you want, you can dynamically filter results for faster finding of different items.
- Filter possible duplicate file (same name and size), can be confirmed with md5.
- Export selected results to XML, CSV or HTML file.
- Results can be Files AND/OR directories!
- Windows native DLL calls for better performance.
- Portable tool, can be installed and run from any folder, no installation required.
- One of the fastest non-indexing free File searchers.
- Low RAM usage.