Ventoy for Windows & Linux version 1.0.68 Portable + LiveCD
by Admin · Published · Updated
Ventoy for Windows & Linux version 1.0.31 Portable + LiveCD
Ventoy is an open-source tool to create a bootable USB drive for ISO files. With ventoy, the user does not need to format the disk again, and again, a user just needs to copy the iso file to the USB drive and boot it. Users can copy many iso files at a time, and Ventoy will give him a boot menu to select them.Ventoy is a new software application for Windows and Linux that does things a bit differently. Instead of extracting an ISO image, it allows the user to place/copy the actual ISO images on the USB device so that the user may boot from them directly. The program supports multiple ISO images that the user can place on a USB device and uses GRUB as the boot manager.
Users can transfer multiple ISO images to the device once the Ventoy structure has been created on the device using an installer. It is possible to place Windows and Linux images on the device to boot from them whenever the need arises. Updating of ISO images is a breeze, as well as the user simply replace an ISO image with another.
Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way. 200+ ISO files are tested (List). A “Ventoy Compatible” concept is introduced by ventoy, which can help to support any ISO file.
How to use:
Installation is pretty straightforward on Windows. Simply extract the application archive and select a USB device using the device selector at the top and hit the Install button to start the process. Ventoy formats the entire disk and erase all content on it but warns about it. The application creates a FAT and an exFAT partition on the device. Once the initial installation has been done, place ISO images on the partition. Ventoy will pick these up automatically when the user boots it to provide him with a selection menu. Just select the operating system to boot and wait for the boot process to complete.
1. Insert an empty USB stick;
2. Extract and start Ventoy;
3. Select the correct drive and click to install;
4. There is a query whether the content should also be deleted and a second afterward for security;
5. If the message appears that everything has been installed correctly, the ISO can be copied directly into the new partition created in File Explorer;
NOTE: The full path of the ISO file (directories, subdirectories, and file name) should NOT contain any spaces or non-ASCII characters.
- 100% Open source;
- Simple to use;
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file);
- Directly boot from ISO file, no extraction needed;
- Legacy BIOS and UEFI supported in the same way;
- UEFI Secure Boot supported;
- Persistence supported;
- MBR and GPT partition style supported;
- WIM files direct boot supported;
- Auto installation supported;
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported;
- Native boot menu style for Legacy BIOS and UEFI;
- Most operating systems supported, hundreds of ISO files tested;
- Supports booting from ISO and also complete OS installation process;
- Treeview mode supported for organizing ISO files in subfolders;
- “Ventoy Compatible” concept;
- Plugin Framework;
- Readonly from USB drive during boot;
- Normal USB use not affected;
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade;
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released.
OS: Microsoft Windows® and Linux.
Virus free! 100% clean!
All credits go to ventoy, who made and shared the tool with us!
Virus Total: 00/60
Virus Total: 01/66
Virus Total: 00/59
You can download Ventoy from the link below…